Pastoral Council Nominations
It is time to nominate candidates for Pastoral Council. Selected members will serve a 2 or 3-year term. Please look over the characteristics and eligibility requirements below and spend time in prayer, identifying parishioners you feel are gifted by the Holy Spirit to serve in this leadership ministry, guiding us to fulfill our mission to seek Christ, know Christ, and become Christ, each one for the sake of all.
Nominations are due by April 11, 2021.
Nominees should possess the following characteristics:
1. the ability to collaborate; they lead with patience
2. a deep love for the parish and its mission; they lead with joy
3. a willingness to grow in holiness; they lead with faith
4. a desire to serve; they lead with humility
5. a broad vision; they lead with courage
6. a commitment to continuous learning; they lead with respect
7. a sense of stewardship; they lead with wisdom
Nominees must fulfill the eligibility requirements:
1. be baptized and a practicing Catholic
2. be an active member of our parish
3. be at least 18 years of age
4. not be an employee of the parish
Open Liaison Positions
Each member of Pastoral Council is a liaison to Finance Council or to one of the parish commissions. As this is one of the primary responsibilities of the Pastoral Council member, it is important that the nominee feels especially called to one of these areas of ministry:
- Formation Commission: Assists our Director of Formation in carrying out our parish's purpose to form and equip disciples. This currently includes designing our process of forming intentional disciples and determining goals and objectives around our parish vision.
* The ideal candidate needs a rich relationship with Christ with an understanding of people and processes. This commission best aligns with the charisms of apostleship, discernment, evangelization, leadership, and/or mission.
- Human Concerns Commission: Gives direction and vision to parish outreach and prayer and support efforts. It provides support when needed for the various ministries that serve the parish and greater community. The Human Concerns Commission seeks Christ in the poor, knows Christ through the needs of our community, and becomes Christ to those it is blessed to serve.
*The ideal candidate is a team player, open to understanding each outreach ministry within the parish. He or she is inspired by Christ’s life to further the parish’s vision through the work of its outreach committees.
- Prayer and Worship Commission: Studies, discusses, envisions, and directs efforts toward the worship needs of our parish in order to help lead people to God.
*The ideal candidate has a comprehensive knowledge of the Liturgy and sacraments. He or she has a passion for the entire Mass experience; how we glorify, praise, and worship God in the areas of music (cantors, instrumentalists, choir), delivery of the Word (lectors), distribution of the Body of Christ (Extraordinary Ministers of the Holy Eucharist), physical aspects of the Mass (Arts and Environment members), and how we welcome and send forth one another (Hospitality).
- School Advisory Commission: Works cooperatively to provide vision within the school community, balancing the concerns and beliefs of parents, teachers, staff, students, and the Pastoral Council. Members of this commission work on sub-committees as assigned.
*The ideal candidate has a child or children enrolled at St. Dominic Catholic School and has a vested interest in the reciprocal relationship between the parish and school.
You are welcome and encouraged to nominate yourself.
Nominees will be contacted regarding their nomination and invited to an orientation as a Pastoral Council Nominee.
If you have questions, please contact our Pastoral Council Chair, Megan Anderson.