Welcome! Child Ministry seeks to provide children in pre-school through grade 5 with the knowledge, experiences, and skills necessary to become faithful and fruitful disciples of Jesus by building relationships with them, being examples for them, and teaching them God's Word. We encourage parents as the primary educators of their children to partner with us in the faith formation of their children through involvement in our ministry.
All children who are of the age of reason (age 7) are eligible to prepare for their first Holy Communion. For children over the age of 8 years old, please contact Mrs. Irvine. Preparation includes:
- Enrollment and participation in child formation classes or the day school for at least one year prior to the reception of the Eucharist.
- Enrollment and participation in child formation classes or the day school during the year of reception, which includes formal preparation for first reconciliation in the fall prior to first Eucharist the following spring.
- Participation in all components of the immediate preparation program.
- Active membership at St. Dominic Catholic Parish.
- Weekly attendance at Sunday Mass.
Safeguarding All God's Family
We value and care for each of the children entrusted to us. All catechists and volunteers 18+ are Safeguarding All God's Family trained through the Archdiocese of Milwaukee program and submit to a thorough background check. St. Dominic Catholic Parish and the Archdiocese of Milwaukee is committed to creating an environment of healthy and responsible relationships where all of God's family will be able to work, live and play. For more information or to register for a training please visit: Safeguarding: Archdiocese of Milwaukee.
Parish contact: Michael Ricci, 262.781.3480.