The Student Council involves all students by having representatives voice student concerns and give input into various school activities. Service projects and school spirit activities are also generated through Student Council. Officers are elected from and by the 8th grade class. Student Council is facilitated by teachers of St. Dominic Catholic School.
As representatives and leaders of the school body, student council members seek to exemplify the highest standards of Christian behavior among the school and the community in the following ways:
- Empowering students to take a leadership role in their school and community.
- Promoting school involvement and school pride.
- Creating a greater sensitivity to the needs of students of the St. Dominic community and global communities.
- Encouraging others to share in their faith, service, and love of Christ.
Student Council members actively demonstrate the virtues of responsibility, leadership, and service through their dedication to the St. Dominic community by:
- Fundraising for the school, the community, and various national organizations.
- Participating in service opportunities.
- Organizing and coordinating the teacher appreciation breakfast during Catholic Schools Week.
- Collecting and distributing food for local organizations.
- Donating items throughout the year to benefit other organizations.
Knight Code of Conduct