"I urge you brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree in what you say, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and in the same purpose." 1 Corinthians 1:10
The Home and School Association serves as a liaison between the homes of students attending St. Dominic Catholic School and the school. All parents/guardians whose children currently attend St. Dominic Catholic School shall be eligible for membership in the Home and School Association.
We, the Catholic community of St. Dominic Home and School Association, work cooperatively with the faculty and parents to foster spiritual, academic, and social growth by:
- assisting in the development of spiritual and educational growth experiences.
- providing structure that encourages parents to exercise their role as co-partners with the school in the education of their children.
- encouraging the development and maintenance of high standards of Christian family life.
- promoting a quality Catholic education
- offering through well-planned programs, information of interest and value to parents as well as educational enrichment for the students.
- fostering an atmosphere to encourage school spirit and a sense of community through service and fundraising.
Minutes from the Home and School Association meetings are published in the Family Folder. Please check the school calendar to confirm meeting dates.
Michael Fix - Co-President
Courtney Gawryleski - Co-President
Kate Kummer - Secretary
Hector Alfageme - Treasurer
Jennifer Von Boxtel - Volunteer Coordinator
Beth Gundrum - Enrichment Coordinator
There are many ways for you to get involved. Check out the Get Involved page for current opportunities, or watch the Family Folder.
If you would like more information about the specific committees below, contact
- Bulletin Boards: Creative energies are put to good use to design bulletin board displays throughout the year.
- Family Fun Knight: Have fun assisting with this one night event that brings together the St. Dominic community. It takes organizers, people to setup and cleanup, and games supervisors. Dads can get involved too!
- High Interest Day: Planning for this all-school spring event begins in September. You can help by being a part of the steering committee that contacts presenters and schedules classes, by volunteering the day of the event, or by planning and organizing the High Interest Day luncheon for volunteers and presenters.
- Movie Knight: At this late winter event you'll find pajamas, movie snacks, and friends all together for a fun viewing of a movie.
- St. Nick: Help to plan for a special classroom treat from St. Nick.
- Santa's Workshop: Students shop and purchase for that special Christmas gift. An outside organization provides the gifts. Be a part of the team that organizes and advertises this event.
- Spirit wear Sale: Organize the sale of spirit wear, working with our vendor and processing and distributing orders.
- Teacher Appreciation: We provide luncheons for the teachers approximately 4 times per year and extra "treats" on a rotating basis throughout the year. Let's show our teachers and staff how much we appreciate them!