More than a daycare, our extended care program provides a safe environment where children can grow, as Jesus did, in "wisdom, stature, and in favor with God and man." Luke 2:52. It is our prayer that God will use this program to be a part of that nurturing for your child.
Children who are enrolled at St. Dominic Catholic School in K3 through Grade 8 are eligible to use the services provided by the extended care program.
St. Dominic Catholic School honors the family and takes pride in supporting parents as the primary teachers of the children. In that, we offer an extended care program to assist parents in caring for their children before, during, and after the school day.
The extended care team is comprised of highly qualified teachers carrying certification in early childhood education all the way through eighth grade. The team works to provide a safe and loving environment where children are valued and cared for. Opportunities for study and play are provided in a supervised setting which functions as an extension of the St. Dominic Catholic School day. Therefore, all rules and policies are in compliance with that of the school.
- Before school (7:00-7:30 AM): Our doors open at 7:00 AM to greet children. We provide supervised play before the school day so that parents can meet their work schedule obligations.
- During school: We provide care for children in K3 and K4 during the time opposite of when they are in the classroom. Children area able to eat lunch together in the middle of the day.
- After school (2:45-5:45 PM): After school care exists for all children at the close of the school day. Students in grades 3-8 are offered a supervised silent study time in addition to structured play offered by the younger children.
We are here to help!
Let us know how we can assist you.
Extended Care Parent Handbook
Extended Care Brochure
Extended Care Schedule
Extended Care Guidebook
- Thursdays: Families submit a schedule to the extended care team via email or through the form available online by the Thursday before the week of services. This helps the team determine staffing and supplies. When families use extended care without submitting time, it is considered "unscheduled".
- Vacations/Absences: If your child becomes ill during the time in extended care, parents will be notified as is standard protocol with the school. If you have kept your child at home, please make sure to contact the extended care team in addition to the school office.
- Changes: If a change needs to be made to your planned extended care schedule, please contact the extended care team as soon as possible. Families will be credited if there is a snow day or school cancellation.
Snack & Lunch
Children may have hot or cold lunch. If having cold lunch, we ask that you send food that is easy for your child to eat. Milk is available from the school for a fee. If your child prefers a juice box, please send the juice box with your child's lunch. The extended care will also provide a mid-morning and after school snack.
Extended care is a peanut-free zone!
Registration must be received by August 1 to be eligible for services for the upcoming school year. We charge a non-refundable $50 registration fee to cover the cost of maintaining our computer system. We understand that schedules change so we do permit late registrations if space is available.
Extended Care Registration Form
- Before school care: $3.50 for any portion of time between 7:00-7:30 AM.
- During school care: Scheduled time less than 8 hours is $7.25 per child, per hour. Maximum fee is $55 per child, per day*.
- After school care: Scheduled time is $8.00 per hour for 1 child, $7.00 per hour for a second sibling, $6.00 per hour for each additional sibling. between 2:45-5:45 PM*.
- Late pick-up fee: $1.00 per minute after 5:50 PM, billed in 15 minute increments.
- Before school unscheduled time: $5.00 per child.
- After school unscheduled time: $9.50 per hour for 1child, $8.50 per hour for a second sibling, $7.50 per hour for each additional sibling, billed in 15 minutes increments.
- School Out Day: Follows After School Care hourly rate or Time greater than 8 hours = $60 for 1 child, $55 for a second sibling, $50 for each additional sibling.
- Registration fee: Non-refundable $50.00 per family, payable with the registration form.
*Fees based on scheduled time. Any portion of an hour is rounded to the next quarter hour.
- No call/No show: $10 fee plus scheduled time
- No call but child(ren) show up for care: $10 fee plus billed at unscheduled rate per child.
Scheduling and Billing
All extended care schedules and payments are due by 12:00 PM on the Thursday before the week that services are needed. In the case of shortened weeks, the schedule is due by 12:00 PM on the second last day of school of the week prior to needed care.
Scheduling and billing are done at the same time each week. The schedule and pre-payment holds your child's space in extended care each week. This allows flexibility to serve all families should the need arise. If the schedule is not received on time, the team will determine that no care is needed. Unscheduled space cannot be guaranteed.
As an extension of the school, all policies and expectations outlined in the Parent and Student Handbook will be upheld by the extended care team.
- The safety and security of our children is paramount. All parents are to use the buzzer to gain entry into the building. Parents should report to the school office during school hours to identify themselves. Parents and students are not to allow anyone into the building at any time regardless of whether or not they are familiar.
- The extended care team will not permit access to the building for parents or students to gather forgotten homework or supplies. Please do not ask them to open classroom doors.
- When picking up a child from extended care, please make face time with one of the extended care team members in addition to following check out procedures.
- Families will be charged for scheduled hours. If a child should miss school on a scheduled day or be at an extracurricular activity during the time when they should be in extended care, there will still be a charge. Please contact the extended care team if your child is sick. Please make every effort to follow your submitted weekly schedule.
- Extended care provides a quiet study time for the children, but is not responsible if homework is not completed. That is the responsibility of the student.
Summer Fun Camp
We offer a Summer Fun Camp for children of all St. Dominic families ages 4-13! Wondering what types of activities will your children take part in?
- Field Trips:We will be taking 1-2 field trips a month; in-house and off campus. Prices will vary based on activity.
- Water Play
- and more